Furniture Refinishing

Furniture Refinishing
Call Today 815/795-3417

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Furniture touch-ups, repairs, & refinishing.

A lot customers call Dave's Touch-Ups, asking me how much it will cost to repair their furniture, not knowing the type of repairs I do. For example, I have several people ask me to fix their leather, their upholstery , or some mechanisms underneath the furniture, such as the springs in couches and chairs. Unfortunately, I work only on woodwork. I do repairs of gouges, nicks, scratches, dings, dents, smoke damage, fire damage, flood damage, watermarks, water rings, cigarette burns,, blemishes, abrasions, and the like on wooden furniture. I do not do upholstery or leather repairs. And I do not repair springs and mechanical parts on couches and recliners. I like to stick to what I know and that is touching up wooden furniture. I also do complete restorations on both antique and modern furniture. I can do a simple cleaning or refurbishing, to touch ups, or stripping and refinishing, but only on wood. I have plenty of referrals for my customers, to handle the repairs that I do not do. Call me at 815-795-3417.
Other repairs I do, include pressed caning chairs, cleaning old glue out of loose joints on furniture, then re-gluing for a better bond. I do some veneer work, but mostly replacing or re veneering flat or slightly rounded surfaces. I can do minor inlaying, work, but nothing to fancy. My main specialty is touch-ups and refinishing.
Please visit my home page at https://davestouchups.com/ for more information...Dave

No comments: