Furniture Refinishing

Furniture Refinishing
Call Today 815/795-3417

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome To Dave's Touch-Ups, Inc.

Welcome to Dave's Blog. You can get more about Dave at the following links:
If you have any questions about touching up or refinishing furniture, feel free to post your questions or comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I work in the North Central parts of Illinois only. I mostly do refinishing work, but also do touch-ups and some repairs. To leave a post just click on comments below, or this link. Thanks for visiting........Dave

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave!
Nice web page
Roe

THE REFINISHER said...

Thanks, I've been working on it when I get time. It helps make it easier for people to learn about me & my business. Thanks for visiting.....Dave

Puritan Blogger said...

Hi Dave! I loved your work.I'm doing some refurbishment on some chairs, I painted them with brilliant white gloss and after four days they still smelling paint really strong, what can I do? Will this smell disapear?

Regards
Sonia

THE REFINISHER said...

Hello Sonia,
Some finishes can take up to 30 days to cure. It depends on humidity, temperature, and how heavy the finish was applied. Keep it warm and dry is the best tip I can tell you. Once the finish is completely cured, you should no longer smell it. Hope that helps......The Refinisher.

Michele Buckmier said...

We bought a used dining set. It is very sturdy but has a lot of nicks in the finish. We don't want to refinish it because it is not an antique. We have tried restorer, stain, Old English, wax crayons, etc.
We live in NC; so we can't visit your shop. Do you have any suggestions? Would gel stain help?

Thanks
Michelecultesp

THE REFINISHER said...

Hello Michele,
Not sure why you don't want to refinish the table. Especially after doing all the stuff you mentioned to it. It doesn't have to be an antique to be refinished. If you have a lot of nicks in the finish, the easiest way to fix that is to put on a new finish. other wise you can fill them all in and topcoat over them. I would really need to see the table to give you a more informed answer. Hop this helps.......Dave.

Furniture Repair Portland said...

Thanks for that updated info, a fantastic service for everyone. More power to you!