Furniture Refinishing

Furniture Refinishing
Call Today 815/795-3417

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Price increases hurt everyone.

Today I would like to explain how I try to save you money and how I am coping with today's terrible economy.
I try to condense all my pickups, deliveries, and estimates, all on the same day. I try to only go out once or twice a week, to conserve on fuel. I have a diesel van & pull a 16 foot trailer which gets 9 to 16 gallons per mile. At today's cost of nearly $5.00 per gallon, you can imagine what it is costing me for fuel alone. I would love to have a more fuel efficient vehicle, but I need the large van to hold my touch-up supplies & to haul furniture. I need the heavy duty van to pull a very heavy trailer also.
Not only that, but all of my finishing supplies and shipping cost have also increased and have almost doubled in the last three years. I, like everyone else, have to increase my restoration service cost. I will give you an estimate, based on the distance from my shop for pick-up and delivery cost. I mostly travel within a 40 mile radius of my shop in Marseilles, IL., but will travel further for a cost. My shipping cost are any where from $20.00 to $60.00 for each direction. Now you may find a few refinishers out there, saying they have free pickup & delivery service, but they just add it to the cost of the refinishing job. It cost them money to travel and they pay their fuel cost with your money, weather they say so or not. I like to let my customers see exactly what they are getting for their hard earned dollars. No gimmicks at Dave's Touch-Ups, Inc. I also try to buy my supplies in bulk to save money in the long run. I try to get all my jobs ready, so I can work on several pieces at once, so when stripping with exhaust fans on & spraying with exhaust fans on, I can go to town on the furniture & shut down the fans as soon as possible. In the winter this saves on heating cost & in the summer, it saves on air conditioning. I not only do these things to save me money, but to cut the cost increases I must make to my customers. In these tough times, we all have to do whatever we can. So if you want to recycle your heirloom antiques while saving as much as possible, then call me for you free estimate. I do not charge to come to your home, but if you like my prices & I take it to my shop to work on, then I will charge the minimum for my services. So if you would like to $ SAVE WITH DAVE $ , then call me today at 815/795-3417 or visit my web-page at https://davestouchups.com/

No comments: